Google provides a free reCAPTCHA system that anyone with a Google account can use. It is much more effective because it is harder for form bots to figure out workarounds for.
You must first acquire API codes from your Google account in order to use Google’s reCAPTCHA. There is no additional ongoing fee to use the reCAPTCHA. Once you have the API codes the reCAPTCHA may be integrated into many forms processors.
Here is how to get the codes:
- Sign into your Google account if you haven’t already – or create a new account if you need to.
- Go to https://www.google.com/recaptcha
- Click on Admin Console in the upper right hand corner.
- You should now be presented with a screen that reads ‘Register a new site‘.
- Fill out the Label field with the domain of the site you intend to use the reCAPTCHA on.
- Click the reCAPTCHA V3 option.Check the Accept the reCAPTCHA Terms of Service, otherwise you won’t be able to complete the registration.
- Fill out the Domains field with the domain of the site you intend to use the reCAPTCHA on.
- The Send alerts to owners option is optional.
- When completed, your page should look something like this:
- Click SUBMIT.
- Copy both of the keys from of the page that follows and send those to whomever it’s appropriate to send them to.
- Be sure to label which key is which.