A Gmail user might not get email from their website if the address or domain the message comes from is on their blocked senders list.
Note: Unfortunately, we at CharlesWorks do not have any control over how Google or any other email provider chooses to filter email on their systems. If the instructions here do not fit or you are unable to determine how to solve the problem, you must contact support at Google for answers.
To unblock an email address in Gmail or to remove an address (or domain) from your list of blocked senders in Gmail:
- Click the “Settings” gear (⚙) in Gmail
- Select “Settings” from the menu that appears
- Go to the “Filters” tab
- Look for the email address you want to unblock in a rule that has “Delete it” as the action under “Do this:”
- If the rule only deletes messages from that address:
- Click delete for that rule
- Click OK
- If the rule deletes mail from multiple senders (separated by “|”):
- Click edit for that rule
- Locate and delete the address you want to unblock in the From field
- Make sure addresses to delete are still separated by “|” after you have deleted the address (if more than one address remains)
- Click “Continue »”
- Now click “Update filter”