Log into your WordPress Dashboard:
- In a browser, enter https://yourdomainname/wp-admin (if this does not work and you are a CharlesWorks web client, please give us a call or email us and we’ll help).
- Login with your administrative credentials (you should have been given a username and very secure password, which is easier to copy and paste. Once you have successfully logged in, you can tell your computer’s browser to save the password).
To edit existing content:
- From the Admin Dashboard, click on Pages in the left hand menu. Find the page you’re trying to edit from the list, and click on ‘Edit’ underneath it.
- On the right, you should see a module that says “Publish” and within it, a line that reads “Revisions”. Click on browse.
- Click the previous button to get a previous version of the page content, then Restore This Version.
- Update the page. If what you’ve lost is back, then you’re done. If not, go back into the Versions menu and restore an older version.
NOTE: many times, especially if the error posting or changing resulted in a serious issue – like whole pages being lost and so on – this process will not work. In that case, contact us and we can usually pull a backup from another server to restore the site. That process can take a varying amount of time depending on the size of your website and we must charge our standard labor rate (billable by the minute which minimizes your bill) to perform that.