What’s a web-over? Here at CharlesWorks, that’s our own term for websites that come to us in need of a do-over or a make-over.
There are a variety of reasons for a web-over:
- You felt creative at some point and started your own website, but business got in the way and you never finished it.
- Your sister in law’s cousin’s nephew’s next door neighbor’s son just built a FaceBook page and said he’d create your site for nuthin’!
- You have a beautiful site, but the information is outdated, therefore not taken seriously and not effective.
- You love your site, but need to update pictures and graphics, but you can’t locate your webmaster.
- Your webmaster is a really nice guy, but seems to be really, really busy and hasn’t returned your call for several months.
- You understand your site, but it seems like no one else does.
- Your website is not being found by search engines.
OK, hopefully you found the humor in some of these. However, these are just a few of the real reasons why sites need web-overs.
When we do a web-over, we take many things into account:
- Budget: As with building a site from scratch, we will work hard to help you stay within your budget.
- Branding: Do you want to keep the same general mood and appearance of the site (keep your branding)?
- Perspective: We look at your site objectively. We are not necessarily experts at what you do, so if we don’t know what your site is trying to say, probably few other people do either.
- Navigation: We test navigation. Having someone outside of your business test your site and its navigation is important. We have the same perspective as most of your site’s visitors.
- Pricing: We charge by the minute. If all you need is a few pictures updated or dates changed, and it takes us 12 minutes to do that, then we charge you for 12 minutes (as opposed to a minimum hour).
Some recent projects: