Log into your WordPress Dashboard:
- In a browser, enter https://yourdomainname/wp-admin (if this does not work and you are a CharlesWorks web client, please give us a call or email us and we’ll help).
- Login with your administrative credentials (you should have been given a username and very secure password, which is easier to copy and paste. Once you have successfully logged in, you can tell your computer’s browser to save the password).
To edit existing content:
- View your site by selecting the house icon in the top left corner of your dashboard
- Find the page or post you want to edit
- Select “edit” in the gray toolbar at the top of your page
- Locate the gray module that you want to edit, toggle it open by clicking the hamburger icon (the three horizontal lines)
- Make your edits and save and publish your way out of the module and “Update” your page
For adding Posts or Pages:
- For adding posts or pages, find “Posts” or “Pages” under the Dashboard area, which is the dark gray (unless you have changes the color scheme) column on the left.
- Select “Add New”
- In the top, narrow field, enter the title of your post.
- In the lower, larger empty field, enter your content.
- There is a toolbar tips menu at the top of this large editing field, which is an option if you want to style your text with color, bold face, italics etc.
- You may also add an image by clicking the “add media” button and uploading an image.
- Once you’ve created your post, go over to the right side of the page and scroll down to where you’ll see post categories. Select whichever categories are appropriate for your post (you may select more than one).
To add an image:
- Find your page/post that you would like to add your image to
- Toggle open the module
- Select “add media” and select the blue button “insert into post”
- Find your image either in your WordPress library or upload from your local file
- Position your image by selecting the image alignment icons
- Save and publish your way out of the module and page